1. One hour of personal prayer
2. Daily celebration of the Eucharist
and the Morning and Evening prayer of the Church.
3. Encourage devotions (i.e.
Marian and other saints).
4. Monthly day of recollection.
5. Annual eight day retreat.
6. Spiritual journal writing.
7. Faith sharing sessions.
8. Review of life twice a year in
9. Regular participation in the
sacrament of reconciliation.
10. Weekly spiritual conference.
11. Monthly colloquium with the Prefect
12. Spiritual direction regularly.
13. Thirty days guided retreat before
the finaly profession.
1. Attending theology classes (mostly
at the St. Alphonsus' Theologate and some at the St. Francis Regional
Major Seminary and the Ignatian Institute of Religious Education - Ateneo
de Davao University).
2. The method of teaching and learning
is participative, systematic, and in so far as it is possible problematic
(i.e. from experience of issues seeking solutions) and in constant dialogue
with the students' experience.
3. Direction by the Prefect of Studies.
5. Public speaking and Homiletics
6. Seminars on organizing, pastorla
leadership and management, and facilitating skills.
7. Attending symposia on current issues
8. Library research and writing
book reports and term papers.
9. Attending the liturgy course at the
Paul VI Institute of Liturgy during the pastoral immersion year.
10. Attending the course on Christian-Muslim
dialogue conducted at the Silsilah in Zamboanga during the summer.
1. Spending the weekends in the Basic
Ecclesial Communities (BECs) in the parish where they integrate with the
people, visit their homes, eat with them, pray with them and sleep in their
2. Working with the youth in the
parish and the BECs.
3. Conducting seminars and recollections
to the leaders in the parish, the BECs, youth groups and mandated organizations.
4. Assisting the Redemptorist priests
in the parish in facilitating and giving inputs during the Festival
of Faith and Men's fellowship.
5. Working as a team in the apostolate
6. Pastoral Immersion Year for third year
students where they will assigned to a mission team.
7. Summer exposure to the various apostolates
(parish, mission, etc).
8. Accompanying experienced Redemptorists
and lay cooperators in the work of the mission, the parish, the church,
and retreat house.
8. Vocation work
9. Throughout all these means they
follow the pattern of experience that leads to reflection, that leads to
evaluation, that leads to prayer.
1. Exposure to all kinds of people.
2. Sharing one's feelings in an open and
3. Regular psycho-spiritual processing
4. Taking personality tests, Enneagram,
5. Participating in and making cultural
6. Regular home visits and vacation
1. Meetings, assemblies, planning
2. Weekly prefect-students forum/dialogue
(on issues, concerns, problems)
3. Common recreation after supper
4. Creative community celebrations
on every important community occasion (birthday, feasts, despedida)
5. Common monthly recollection
6. Common monthly recreation/outing
7. Promoting a sense of responsibility
for the house and the goods of the community.
8. Periodic staff work (manualia)
9. Programmed integration to other